Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Recommended Reading +

So for my recommended reading this week...
I recommend reading...

Animal Planet Pet Care Library: Ferrets by Vickie McKimmey

For the "+" part (aka my book review) I am doing a review on my recommended reading book:

This Animal Planet Ferret book is really good. I love to read the Animal Planet Care Library books because they are always up-to-date with lots of important information and fun and interesting facts. I have learned a lot from this book. Here a few of the things I learned:

I learned that a male ferret is called a Hob, a female is called  Jill, babies are called Kits, and a group of ferrets is called a "business of ferrets". Who knew?

The other thing I learned is cool. I had been wondering why ferrets at the shelter shook like they were scared a lot. Well, they aren't scared. When they have woken up from sleeping their body temperature is low so they have to shiver to warm up. I am glad I know that now.

Posts coming soon: Guinea Pig Grooming, and the Ferret Ownership Debate!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, but I'm sure your mom is still saying no to a ferret. I love the term 'business of ferrets'!

    - Lover of 'some' animals

    ReplyDelete